As an approved CPA training office, we offer budding accountants a summer work experience where they can explore a career as a well-rounded professional who practices broadly in audit, assurance, and taxation. The candidate would be strongly motivated by a desire to explore communities in Northern Canada for extended periods of time, from May to August 2021.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Prepare client bookkeeping in Sage 50, including project accounting;
- Perform audit testing and risk assessment procedures for audit engagements in accordance with PSAS and ASNFPO;
- Collaborate and coach clients;
- Complete review and notice to reader engagements;
- Prepare personal and corporate tax returns;
- Work as part of an engagement team.
- Good communication (both written and verbal) skills;
- Strong computer skills and an independent learner;
- Able to travel for extended periods of time to rural communities;
- Appreciates the flexibility to self-manage workloads and schedules while meeting deadlines;
- Able to work under pressure and detail-oriented;
- Enjoys problem-solving and collaborating in a team;
- An individual who values community involvement and seeks continual personal growth.