We have an opportunity for an experienced accountant looking for a small firm where they could practice in both audit and assurance, as well as comprehensive tax planning. The ideal candidate would have three to five years of work experience (preferably including public practice), with a strong proficiency using CaseWare, Caseview and Sage 50. A professional designation is not required, if the candidate has a proven track record in our areas of focus. Familiarity with IT and networking would be considered an asset, along with a reputation as an established mentor.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Plan and prepare audit engagements according to PSAS, ASPE, and ASNFPO;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and financial personnel;
- Prepare management letters and assist in implementation;
- Ability to effectively respond to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement;
- Maintain communication between partners and other team members on an ongoing basis of progress and significant issues;
- Review the work of junior staff, assist in their career development through constructive feedback and guidance
- Prepare notice to reader and review engagements, corporate and personal tax returns with an emphasis on whole circle tax planning;
- Work directly with clients to establish and update timelines to meet compliance deadlines.
- At least three years of work experience;
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and client service skills;
- Strong computer skills and an independent learner;
- Able to travel for extended periods of time to rural communities;
- Preference for self-managing with an ability to prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A proven team-player who is detail-oriented and prioritizes client service;
- An individual who values community involvement and personal growth.